Friday, June 25, 2010

A little birdie told me.... Life is Good ~ SOUS June 25th


Well, once again the week has flown by  ... and I've found myself even shorter on time than what has been the norm the past two months.  So, I told my DT sisters that I wasn't going to make it this week. But I soooo LOVED this sketch. AND then last Sunday my dd gave me the perfect pix to do it with ...  how often does that happen, right? And if that weren't enough ... the lovely Floren at Generations Crafting had sent me some yummy Basic Grey "Basics" to work with ...   So what's a girl to do but dive in?  (If I had been feeling better, it would have been perfection! Got a little bronchitis going on.)




These fabulous photos of my dgds Maddie and Malerie don't need much else, truth be told .. I loved them so much that I could not wait to get them scrapped! Love them so much that you will probably see them again .. used in a different way.  I told my gd Malerie that those railroad tracks looked a bit dangerous to me.  She said (very sweetly)  "But Granny, we looked both ways and there wasn't a train coming .. and besides,  it made such cute pictures, didn't it?"  Well, it did!  She's right. 





Okay, not too many details here but ... I used BG Kioshi paper with my Basics .. love Kioshi, btw!   I cut my title from Cricut Graphically Speaking. The subtitle is a BG 3 dimensional sticker .. used several of them, as well as BG chipboard throughout.  Also some BG rub-on flourishes and a BG journaling note.  I scattered some gems around and added in a few Prima flowers. Oh, I used an old, really old, word ribbon that I had purchased thinking it was so cute but had never used it! I wrapped it with another fiber that reminded me somewhat of the railroad tracks in the photo. Did some distressing and inking.  It's not my best work but maybe that will keep the beholder's eyes upon those wonderful photos! (And yes, they both have my chin! LOL) Sweet, sweet girls that love the Lord with all their heart, mind, soul and strength.


Thanks for coming by. Hope you'll give this sketch a try because it's great!  I plan to do it again at least twice more!


15 comments:

  1. You're right the photos are gorgeous! I love the railroad tracks...so cute that she said they looked both ways. I love your LO's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... those pictures are beautiful!!!!! Your pages are gorgeous, love those papers and your bird and birdhouse are adorable! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi, as usual, your layouts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi, love these photos! You did an amazing job of highlighting them in this layout! Thanks for all your hard work and sorry you haven't been feeling well. Take care of yourself! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, not too many details? This is gorgeous! I love all the rubon flourishes.....these photos are stunning! I think great photos always overplay any foo foo deets we add anyway, and these are GREAT!!!!!
    Blessings,
    kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures Sandi, and I agree with the train tracks - a little risky! Love the bunches of flowers and that adorable birdhouse and butterfly. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Word these pictures are FABULOUS!!! How could you not scrap them right away?!!! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling the best but your LO is amazing!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layouts Sandi, and they are both beautiul! Love that bird and the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great 2 pager! Love the craft background! Thanks for playing with us at PS! /Pia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your GD was absolutely right...the railroad tracks to make a perfect setting...but the grandmother in me...says...GET OFF THOSE TRACKS! great layouts...I love all of the flowers...Thanks for playing at practical scrappers

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off Sandi, your GDs are beautiful!! And what a gorgeous 2 page layout this is!! The photos are wonderful, love the papers you used and you did a fantastic job distressing and inking them. The flourishes really add that special touch to the photos!! Sandi, I just love the feel of this!! Amazing job, gf... Hope you get to feeling better soon!!! Have a wonderful and restful weekend!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a wonderful two-pager, have you submitted it to ck yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just fabulous! The photos are wonderful, perfect for the layouts. Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are gorgeous! love so much the flowers you used!! Beautiful job as usual!

    ReplyDelete