Saturday, August 21, 2010

Engine 638 ~ Graphic 45 Steampunk~


Well, I got my newest DT package from Floren at Generations Crafting and couldn't wait to dig in! 

Among my goodies was Graphic 45's new Steampunk Debutante collection. Talk about gorgeous! I had initally had a few misgivings about being able to pull something off with it but once it arrived and I actually saw it .. WOW!! It is so ME!

For my first project I wanted to carry through the Steampunk bent to celebrate the mechanisms of machines operating prior to the Electrical Age. I had some photos of the last coal burning steam engine in Southern Colorado that my cousin had photographed earlier this year ..  just wanting for time and opportunity to present itself. Well, this was a marriage made in Heaven, I'm telling you.

I wet distressed my papers, inked, layers and did some punchwork around one of the pages.  I crumpled and tore and generally got my hands dirty! But because this is also about the beauty of those mechanisms, I added some girly stuff, lace, a feather, pearls, rhinestone and diamond dust.  And Prima! Gotta have my flowers! LOL

I also worked in a new fun piece from CraftySprinkles' (Mandy) Etsy shop. You can shop for her goodies HERE. I thought the gas light would make a grand embellishment, so I stained it walnut and then added some distress stickles in Vintage Photo. 

Here are a couple of close-ups. I'm just loving this page! Let me know if you have any questions.  And be sure to visit Floren's store and get some of this gorgeous paper for your own projects. I have another layout done already and will post it in a day or two. It is more traditional and I thought I could show you how it can be used differently.

 




7 comments:

  1. Wow!! you can say that again...GORGEOUS!!! The gears and tags really make this page sing!! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO Sandi. The pearls, lace and gears etc all go to together really well. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, ladybug, where do I begin with this one! The distressing on your papers is just incredible! I love the little gears and feather!
    Such gorgeous details and you certainly showcased the age of engines in a grand way!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leave it up to you to take pictures of trains and turn out one gorgeous layout! Gorgeous details my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sandi, I love this one!! The papers are so yummy and perfect for this "guy" layout!!! I love all of the details you've added (the dusty attic gears and lamp post, feather, borders, flowers, it's all wonderful), great job with the distressing!! And I love the title!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi, I love this layout!!! What a fabulous job, as always, you've did on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout Sandi! Graphic 45 is one of my all time favorite!

    ReplyDelete