Friday, August 13, 2010

Little Flirt




Yeah, it's the weekend! And I'm soooo glad!  It seems a little strange to not be posting for Stuck on U Sketches this Friday. We are now doing 2 week challenges.  So I've had a little free time to scrap whatever I want.  Last weekend I worked on some very simple pages for events of this past winter that are a little too personal to share .. but that I needed to do. Then this past Wednesday I worked on this layout above using my new Limited Edition kit from My Creative Scrapbook.  Man, was it ever packed with goodies .. 20+ Prima flowers and the greatest collection of papers.  I am not normally a kit club kind of gal. And truth be told, as a design team member for Generations Crafting,  I seriously have access to all the supplies that I actually need and then some!  But I'm a certified paper addict!

The background paper on this LO is just stunning! It is a Prima pre-stitched  mulberry paper.  It really needs very litte adornment. This is a pic of dggd Peyton. I cut a large burgundy circle using my Cricut George cartridge, then after distressing it, I made some faux stitches on it with a white fine-tip pen.  From the striped paper, I cut a scallop edged border using my Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  I used some taupe lace that I had on hand to decorate the top.  After using my craft knife to cut and lift the hearts on the right side of the paper, I slipped my circle and border strip behind them.  Then used a paper frame for my photo that came with the kit and tucked them in as well.  Next, I added one large Prima bloom and a burgundy ribbon bow.

My title was done with Honey Thickers and the journaling was a Creative Memories vellum saying that I cut apart, inked and placed randomly. Lastly, I cut a few butterflies from my Indie Art cartridge, inked the edges and added rhinstones to their bodies.  I made a few extra for other projects I plan to make using this kit.

Now, while I'm posting, I wanted to share that Stuck on U Sketches  is having a design team call and we are taking applications now.  We will announce the new design team members on Spetember 3rd.  So if you are interested in taking part, hop on over there and link up your favorite personal layout.

Thanks for coming by and always leaving such sweet comments!

13 comments:

  1. This "Little Flirt" is GORGEOUS!!! Love the layout and the paper is awesome. Love the flower and the lace on this. Great color all add up to GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, this is beautiful!!! The papers and that flower are just gorgeous... And what a sweet photo of Peyton!!! Your eye for detail is amazing as usual gf!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh!! she just about takes the cake..when I have GC, I hope they are just as cute as she is..Oh, the layout!! LOL
    This is stunning Sandi..I love the soft mauves and creams together like that..Absolutely breath taking as always :O)
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word... what a cutie patootie!! You might want to keep an eye on this one!! lol!! Fabulous LO... as always!! I LOVE the frame around the photo! and i was going to comment on all the stitching you did but then I read that some of your papers came with the stitching and you drew the rest on!! You totally can't tell!! It all looks so real!! Great LO!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sandi this is gorgeous, the colours are perfect and match the picture perfectly. Love your previous post too, I can see why you didn't want to cut that paper, way too nice.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore this LO!! The colors and papers are awesome! She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colors on this layout they go so well with the pic of this little cutie....great job...

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW I adore thi one Sandi!!! love these papers!!! what a precious pic and adorable title!! beautifully done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sandi! Love love love love love this layout! I absolutely wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Sandi! Another precious picture!!!! Love the frame and the hearts! Beautiful paper! I have this kit, but have yet to open it. Must now that I see what you have done with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandi this is Beautiful!!! The pps you used are beautiful and love your design!!!! Sorry i haven't visit you that much but I been so busy to be on the computer. Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, great colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute!
    I love the embellishments and the colors you used =)

    ReplyDelete