Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cuties! DT work for Generations Crafting


Sunday afternoon I took a bit of time to work on a DT project for Generations Crafting. This photo of my silly grand-babes was actually taken on Thanksgiving Day but I drew inspiration from the red in their clothes and dug in to my Bo Bunny Crush Papers.  Perfect for scrapping those Valentine's photos .. or in my case, my little sweethearts!  (Sorry for the blurry photo .. don't know what's up with that.  Think I was in a bit of a hurry.)




Used Lisa Gregory's corner punch technique on one of my circles.  Here you can also see the black and red Prima pearl flourish.



In the upper corner I used one of my Donna Salazar lacey stamps and added some Petaloo magnolia blooms to the design.



Fussy cut my birdcage, popped it and added a small bow.



The large black netting flower is also BoBunny as is the black lace beneath the photo.  I added a few pearls and a popped up journaling square to balance things out.  My title was done with MM tiny alphas.
Lastly, I just painted some Stickles here and there for glimmer.

These are certainly not colors that I'm really comfortable with .. but I love how the page turned out!

Hope to see you back Friday for my Stuck on U Sketches reveal. And you'll never believe it but I actually dusted off the Cricut and used it for Friday's project. 

 Have a great week!

17 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sandi!! absolutely gorgeous layout, love the colour combo. Take care and catch you soon. Love Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Love the colors and that cute little bird cage. Your grandchildren are beautiful! Gotta love that little guy in the back with his silly pose!
    Happy New Year, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO!! Would love to know how you did the circle w/ the corner punch, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how cute... gonna have to go check out that punch technique cause it looks fantastic..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout! I always love your work - so fabulous!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great layout. I love thedetail and how you pullled the red out of it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout, just love love love the colors, so deep and rich!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, my friend! I missed you over the holiday season while I completed a huge project and visited with family/friends! Hope you enjoyed your holiday as well!

    What an absolutely beautiful layout!!! Looking forward to a new year of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, love the black and red combo and the awesome flowers and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colors Sandi! Love the punching technique! Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow..... love, love, love the colors! they really make the picture stand out. And those punches are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sandy, what a beautiful layout!!! I love the white background with the big black flourishes!! And then add the fabulous red punched circle, red birdcage and black lace... along with your adorable grandbabies... It's just beautiful!!! Love it!!! Hugs!!
    Stay warm later this week... Heard it was not going to get out of the 30's down here... Not for sure what your high will be!! BRRRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there!
    Sorry I am so very awful at getting by here...
    Blogging sure gets away from me these days...
    Plus I've been busy playing today and need to get back to it! =)
    Great LO, love the flowers, the fussy cut cage and the color scheme! Lots of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word this is stunning!! I love the pop of red with the black and white! Sometime I really do need to try the corner punch technique... you did it beautifully!! I adore your sweet little bird cage too!! Sorry it has taken me so long to stop by for a visit... hopefully I can get back to my routine again!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful Sandi, love your layout. Drop over to my blog, I have something for you. Love Ness xx www.crafty-ness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME layout Sandi I love the colors and all the fancy swirls.Great job as always. Big hugs Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW WOW WOW I loveee this Sandi!!!
    Beautiful layout...just perfect!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete