Monday, May 16, 2011

Graduation card ~ Practical Scrappers ~


I'm a tad bit late in sharing the graduation card that I made for my niece Karen who just earned her Masters Degree. Woohoo, Karen! The timing was perfect for a DT call for Graduation cards for Practical Scrappers which were posted there today!

Starting with a white card base, I added a black and white pp that I printed on my Imagine using the Audrey cart. My red greeting mat was cut using Gypsy Wanderings and the Congrats was from Wild Card (I think, sorry I need to go back and check.)  Then I simply added some yummy b/w gingham checked ribbon and topped my bow with a my fave Petaloo bloom in red. Although it is hard to see, I added a glass beaded dangle for just a touch more class!

That's about it for me. Busy weekend and busy week ahead. Then another busy weekend. After that (and except for work) we have a bit of quiet (maybe) before our usual super busy June. I am working on some newer projects but can't post them just yet.

Hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by. Be sure and check out what's happening at Practical Scrappers  There is something new there Monday through Friday .. so lots of inspiration to be had!


10 comments:

  1. oh I love this card Sandi and congrats to your niece!! Love Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your niece. Love your card, very nice and the colors are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! I love your color choice, black, red and white is one of my favorite combos!
    Congrats to your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I like your blog!! I know it's been like this for a while, but still!! the colors are so soothing!!
    adorable card there too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours and design of your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big congrats to your neice on getting her Masters -- what an accomplishment!!!

    Sandi, you card is just lovely; so glad to be back here to see it and visit with you. Hope all's been well.

    I'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, again, Sandy! Stopping by to let you know I've left a blog award for you on my blog. Come grab it at your convenience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Sandi, love the ribbon... Congrats indeed to your niece... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card Sandi!! Love the pop of red!!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete