Friday, May 13, 2011

Sweet Pea! ~SOUS ~



Friday again, already! Whew, this week flew by! So, welcome back for another Stuck on U Sketches reveal! And did I ever have fun with this fantastic sketch by our own Vanessa (Ness) Waller! I definitely plan to use this one again soon.

My layout was a perfect combination of a great sketch, a fantastic photo of dgd Peyton and stunning papers from Glitz Design called Laced with Grace. I started by editing my photo with my Paint Shop Pro software .. don't have Photo Shop .. yet .. but it does a great job. I turned my photo black and white and did a few enhancements, then hit print. My photo is quite large for the sketch (6x7) but it still worked well with Ness's clean lines.

After selecting the specific papers I wanted to use, I did some punchwork with my Martha Stewart deep-edged floral vine punch, giving a nice "eyelet trim" look around my horizontal layer and peeking out from a few torn edges. My circular and top note shapes were cut using my Cricut Imagine, as were my great butterflies (from the Hannah Montana cartridge).

My floral vines were Prima (Mountain Lily Sunflower) and my large green flower, Petaloo. Other supplies were a Tim Holtz ornate plate, Glitz Teeny Alphas and Paper Layers, American Craft Thickers in Honey and some misc gems and seam binding. I accented my butterflies with Smooch Pearlized accent in copper. Thought I would do something different from the usual Stickles. Of course, my Zutter Distrezz-it-all was used for my page edges.

One last fun supply was my Dusty Attic chicken wire which I left bare .. it didn't seem to need anything else.

Well, ladies, I think that's a wrap! Be sure to check out what all the designers have done. And don't forget that we are hoping you will play along and upload your projects. Can't wait to see them! Here's hoping you have a fun weekend. I've got a couple of showers and a birthday party that I need to get to .. but oh, the fun!



Supplies
Glitz Design Laced with Grace papers
Glitz paper layers and mini alphas
Prima Mountain Lily sunflowers
Petaloo green bloom
Tim Holtz Ornate plate
Martha Stewart Floral Vine deep edged punch
Dusty Attic chicken wire
Cricut Hannah Montana cart for the butterflies

Sandi

26 comments:

  1. Sandi this one of the most BEAUTIFUL page4s I have ever seen! WOW!!! Photo is incredible too.....she is a little doll and this page is PERFECT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi it deleted mine as well, Blogger was down yesterday. Anyway!!! This LO is beautiful!!Love the photo editing, love the design!! A fave for me for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure didn't know how addicted I was to Blogger until the last couple of days!! If it's not going to work, I just might as well go back to work!!! LOL
    Sandi, this is gorgeous!!!!! Love the papers and your little gd is precious!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Sandi,
    same thing happened to me, Ihad to repost too! lol!
    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog--your blog is amazing--and I'm now following you!
    this layout is absolutely precious--so many wonderful details and that sweet precious girl!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is a GORGEOUS layout! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to have blogger going again. I love that I can get on and see GORGEOUS pages like this with all the detail. I just love this and look at the wire too. Love the flowers adorning that beautiful face. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE everything about it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is seriously too beautiful!! That photo is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Sandi, this page is GORGEOUS!! Totally loving your use of papers and embellishments - all perfect. And the photo of your GD is a stunner... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you all had mentioned it but I just realized THIS morning it deleted text from posts, so I had no idea...argh! But its fixed, late but done...
    Great page and amazing photo!!!!!
    Have fun at all the festivities this weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi :) love your work...this LO is gorgeous........... Im now a follower :) thanks for calling in to my blog x Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a glorious looking page, Sandi! I love that Laced with Grace line... just got my order of that this week and I keep looking at it all over and over! Still know good ideas of what to do with it though, lol! Your page is perfection and I love the soft editing to your photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this one Sandi. The colors in your layout looks so good with the gorgeous B&W photo - and I love the torn edges!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peyton is such a cutie!! Love the black and white photo that you did and your lo is beautiful. Love all those flowers to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sandi~ First let me say that is the most precious photo! What a cutie! You are soooo lucky! Love the pp and colors you chose for the sketch! Love your flowers! Beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is just gorgeous I also think I posted and it got lost last week lol.....funny I was on my comments one day last week and then all of them were gone? anyways...this is amazing and I love that sketch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Sandi!!! I've been wanting that paper collection. I think the colors are so beautiful! Love the b/w photo! So precious!!! Love the sketch and hope to have some "me" time to create a layout!!! Hope you had a Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow Sandi!! I just love your take on the sketch, what a gorgeous photo of your dgd, such a beauty such stunning eyes she has. So glad you liked the sketch. Gorgeous!! Love Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a gorgeous layout Sandi!!! Love that butterfly..its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ola Sandi! Thanks for dropping by at my blog and becoming a follower. Your card and layouts are gorgeous...what an amazing creations you did over here. I will come again. Hugs, Yuzz

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a precious photo and your lo scrapped it so wonderfully !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your layout is beautiful! I just love the floral accents, and the way you've used Laced with Grace!! Thanks for playing in the "Get Your Glitz On" Clustering challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!!! Sandi love your take on the sketch, your chosen papers & embellies & your beautiful Peyton shining through ... luv X:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is super adorable. I love the design. And the photo is darling!!! Love tiny pigtails!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is simply GORGEOUS! The photo is precious and the details really 'make' it!

    I'm your neswest follower and I hope you'll be mine too!

    Creative blessings,
    Brynn
    www.flairandfrillscreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete