Friday, February 17, 2012

Wonderland ~ SOUS Original Sketch


Hi there, fellow scrappers! I am back today with another fun Stuck on U Sketches  reveal! This week we have another original sketch done by our own Leah and it was so much fun to work with! I hope that you will be able to play along 'cause this was a great one to do .. so many possibilites!

I have just been itching for a chance to use BoBunny's Snowfall collection and was lucky enough to get some in my January Swirlydoos kit! However, I don't have that many cold weather, snow type photos to scrap but did have this awesome photo of dgd MacKenzie with her dark brown hair and a blouse in just the right shade of blue to go with my paper. I did a ton of paper layering although the sketch called for less. I love layers! So I distressed them, inked them and layered them up! Also had to use my MS punch ..

I first had my photo at a jaunty little angle in keeping with the sketch but it just seemed to look better straight up maybe due to the photo size.  I was fortunate to have some Snowfall die cuts to layer in there as well  .. beside and below the photo in place of additional photos. I knew I wanted to use some yummy Petaloo blooms (Canterbury Glittered in brown) but before I placed them, I tied my page with a matching Christmas ribbon that I happen to have on hand. Really love how it looks! My butterfly is from a Melody Ross paper pack ..

I am loving that ornate Dusty Attic piece (Corner Flourish #2) in the upper left corner. It was painted with Glimmer Mist Chalkboard in Decadence and then sprayed with Iridescent GM. Of course, I placed a few brown pearls on it that matched the pearls I had added to my butterfly. Lastly, I added a BB Snowfall trinket to my photo .. and called it done!

Now here are a few close-ups:





And here is the sketch:


Now, I hope that you will visit the other DT members and see the gorgeous work they have done with the sketch. And more importantly, I hope you will play along with us this time. You will have 2 weeks to complete your project and get it uploaded!

Wishing you a scrap happy weekend! We have lots of birthday parties this weekend! Should be fun! The twin dgs turn 1 .. it's been a fast year!

10 comments:

  1. oh my...this layout is just so beautiful!, love the chippie, pic, ribbon bow and everything in between!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo LOVE LOVE LOVE this Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sandy! Just 2 words about this layout and the beautiful picture -- ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe the twins are a year old already, wow!!!!

    Sandi, this layout is gorgeous!!!! The BoBunny paper was a perfect choice for this beautiful photo!!!

    I've been having all kinds of computer problems, but I think I saw something over on the Swirlydoos blog about you?!! Big Huge Congratulations!!! You so deserve it!!! Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I'm sure you had such an enjoyable and fun 1st Birthday with your twin grandbabies! I am sure you will have great pix to share and scrap too... awesome!

    Your page here is gorgeous... love all the tones of blue. Ya know, you always make me want to run the buy new border punches! lol! I just love the amazing way you use them to add the perfect detailing to your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there!!!!
    The kids have today off of school so hopefully I can get
    some things done (not doing too well as we're still hanging in bed!)
    LOL!
    Well my friend, this is really a neat LO to me with all the tone on tone
    accents...really neat feel to this page!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. soooo beautiful Sandi!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful Sandi.. love that paper collection and its sold out everywhere :( loving all the layering, plus all the flowers and that ribbon...Stunning
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi, this is another fabulous page! You outdid yourself. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete