Friday, March 2, 2012

March 2 SOUS


TGIF! I love Fridays!! Weekend on the horizon, date night with the hubby and reveal day at Stuck on U Sketches!! What more could a scrapping girl ask? 

This week's sketch is one that I designed back in ..hmm .. December. And I thought that  the first of March, we might be starting to think Spring .. and I was right!! Here in Texas things are starting to bloom, yea!! 

I had planned to use this sketch to do a layout of my 3 dd's, putting them in the ovals and then a group photo above that. However, I changed my mind, at least for now .. but this sketch was made for them, so it will happen! 

I have used some yummy Basic Grey Little Black Dress to scrap more bridal photos. That was accented with some peach cardstock that I've used punched (MS floral vine) as ribbon across the page. Next, I made a few flowers using my Tattered Florals die and my Vagabond There are some floral layers out of tulle which gives the flowers a nice texture. Lastly, some embellies from my stash including a crochet butterfly from my scrappy friend in Ireland .. thanks, Cathi!

I've included the sketch here for your convenience! Be sure to visit the other DT members to see what they have done! Also, we hope that you will get a chance to play along with is You will have 2 weeks to upload your project! 


Have a great weekend! 

12 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS layout! I love the crochet butterfly too, so beautiful! I adore your wedding layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sketch Sandi and I'm going to have to save it to use again, because reading your initial idea with your 3 dd's, I think I'd like to do the same with my 3 dd's! Hope you don't mind that I"m yet stealing your photo idea! LOL! I love what you've done with the sketch though in this layout and the pops of peach on the layout look outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and elegant....love the black and white photos!! Lovely work, Sandi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty...those flowers are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and very elegant. Love the muted colors.
    Fabulous job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so gorgeous and what a photo...this is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the paisley pattern with the muted colors used on here! And that sweet crocheted butterfly is such a divine accent for here! I think you again, rocked your sketch design... looking forward to also seeing how you scrap your 3 daughters with this same sketch!

    Enjoy your weekend, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous as ever Sandi! Love the papers and your beautiful peach flowers! Hope to join in on the sketch challenge!

      Delete
  8. Another beautiful LO Sandi, just gorgeous ... I always enjoy looking at the detail you put on your pages.. hugz X:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was stunning sketch and you made a beautiful layout with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi, thank you for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time... It means so much to me!!!!
    You layout is gorgeous as is the sketch!!!!! Love the b/w photos and the Basic Grey papers!!! Big Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete