Monday, April 2, 2012

Round Robin Challenge



Happy Monday, peeps! It's a happy one because I get to post my layout for the Round Robin challenge over at the Flying Unicorn forum. It is a fun one to do because the group has so much fun teasing each other about their LOs being pretty ... but NOT winners! Like I said, it's a fun group! 

The theme is Spring, so anything along the lines of rain, flowers, colors and that kind of thing. I did not use Spring-y  colors especially but used a Spring photo. The grandkids love getting outside as soon as it is warm enough. And impromptu picnics are a must, don't you know? 

My papers are a mix of Glitz French Kiss and Paper Reverie, I've used some large pieces of Dusty Attic that I painted  with decadent chalkboard and then highlighted with Rustic Glimmer Glam and a few pearls and gems. I've used 2 kinds of Martha Stewart punches, Cherish and the deep-edged Floral Vine punch. My florals are a Petaloo mix.

Those amazing butterflies are compliments of Lisa Gregory. Thanks, Lisa! I painted their antennae with some Smooch Pearlized Accents in a bronze shade. Did a little stamping in the upper left quadrant .. always have to pat myself on the back when I use my stamps because it does not come naturally to me. 

Be sure to click on the photo so you can see the detail up close and personal LOL

Thanks for coming by! Friday with be the reveal of a new Die Cut challenge at Stuck on U Sketches. I know it will be Good Friday and folks will be going every which way getting ready for Easter. But hopefully, the  following week you'll get a chance to play along! Until Friday, take care! 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Sandi, love all the layers and love your new blog banner pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, your layout is just beautiful! Love your title and all your details are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, Sandi!! Love the butterflies and your punched border!! Have a great week! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout. And what a beautiful little subject you have in your photo. Grandkids are the best.Big smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the amazing amount of detail you put into your layouts. Each one is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout. Love the title and the detail in this page... beautiful photo too. TFS

    ReplyDelete