Friday, June 1, 2012

"I love Summer" Die Cut challenge


Woo-hoo! Here comes Summer!  And it's time for those shades and a sun bonnet! Well, maybe not the bonnet unless you're at the beach! LOL It's also reveal day over at Stuck on U Sketches

But anyway, I've been dying to use this new rainbow striped ribbon that I had picked up at JoAnn's and this seemed the perfect opportunity! I paired it with some cloud paper and red checked paper that I printed on my Cricut Imagine using my Best Friends cartridge. My top note is printed from there as well but cut using my Spellbinders. 

My sweet little sun-loving gal has been printed and cut using the same cart and elevated using multiple layers of foam squares. I wish my photo were better but the weather has not co-operated. At least not in synch with days off. 

I am thinking I will add the word birthday below Summer Sizzlin' and give it to one of my June birthday people. I have a whole slew of them! The cherries and sunbonnet were from my stash but finished the card off nicely. 

Seems I am short on words today but do hope that you will find time to play along with us at SOUS. You will have 2 weeks to upload your project. It can be a card, tag, layout or altered item. It simply must be new as of today, have a Die Cut on it and must be consistent with the Summer theme. 

Just a little heads up that this will probably be my last Die Cut submission while I concentrate on getting our new SOUS Card Challenges up and running. Those will debut in July but you will be hearing more about them shortly. 

Have a safe and happy weekend. I am hoping to relax some this weekend as last weekend was busy, busy. Got my scrapping plans all made! 

Thanks for coming by! 

9 comments:

  1. I love how bright and colorful this card is! Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Sandi. Fun and cheery card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright, cheery, and so pretty. What a great idea to turn it into a birthday card. I so wish I could do that. In my mind, I have to know who a card is for before making it. Otherwise I am totally uninspired. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this !I have that same ribbon in my stash and love how it goes so well with your bright and cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Ms Sandi , I love this bright summer card !
    That ribbon is awesome....you are really rockin these cards lady...lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little sunny gal is beyond adorable and way to go using that rainbow ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card!! love the bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOh Sandi ... I just love that gorgeous gal in sunnies !!!! great card !!! have a super week !!! hugz X:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card! Enjoy your Summer!!

    ReplyDelete