Friday, July 6, 2012

SOUS Original Sketch Day!


Hurray! It's Fridayyyyyyy!! The weekend is nearly here and I can't wait! This first week back to work after vacation has been kinda tough! But .. enough whining already LOL 

Friday also means that it is Reveal day over at Stuck on U Sketches and this week it is sketch week with an awesome multi-photo sketch by our super talented Nanne' Harry. 

For my page I've used some yummy BoBunny Weekend Market. Aren't they just luscious? And I thought they were a great backdrop for more of my dd's recent cruise photos. I did lots of distressing, some fussy cutting and even  did some stamping in the upper right hand corner using my new-ish chicken wire stamp. I've added some gorgeous bling along the left side with a couple of Prima (with dangles .. so perfect for my Dani) mixed in. I've finished the page with crinkle ribbon, a fussy cut butterfly painted with crackle medium and some flat-backed adhesive pearls. My title is a vintage piece called Petals and Possibilities Scrap Metal. It is copper in color and actually looks kind of new and fresh after a few years of hiding out in the scrap supplies. LOL

I hope that you will have an opportunity to see what the design team has done this week. These ladies blow me away with their creativity .. week after week! Also .. we hope that you will have a chance to play along and upload YOUR take on Nanne's sketch. 

On another note, I hope that you will have a chance to come on over to the weekend crop at Scrap That! Details are on the right sidebar. We are going to have games, challenges and some great prizes too! 

Thanks so much for coming by. I love reading your sweet comments. They keep me motivated .. that's for sure! Have a scrap happy weekend! 

Bye for now .. 

9 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS Scrappy sister!!! Beautiful flowers! I am in love, this layout is stunning sweetie! Love the pictures!

    Hugs! Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi...I'm so into this page!
    I think the background colors really allowed the photos to POP
    from the page, I like you took the warmth of the skin tones and
    the blues just sing...
    And the rough edges, its all too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Layout, Sandi!!! Great colors, your distressing is amazing and the stamped corner is a nice touch.... I have that stamp too, and I really need to use it!! Still sending prayers your way!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love,love the colors here! Just perfect to highlight the pics-very classic and earthy feel-totally forgot about the crop so going to head over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always Sandi and I love the colors you used, different shades of brown, how yummy...Plus you've added so many wonderful elements to grab the eye..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the way you used these photos are so good, not easy to accomplish but you really placed them well. I have to check out that bobunny collection, looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Sandi. Loving all the layering and distressing, along with the Bo Bunny papers - perfect. The flowers and bling are the perfect embellishments... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful layout by you, sandi! There is so much detail and it is hard not to keep staring at it! Love the distressing, the layers and HEY, where did you get that chicken wire stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Sandi...so many pretty thinks to look at. Hoping that things are better with you!

    ReplyDelete