Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stuck on U's First Card Challenge !


Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today I am so excited as we introduce our first ever Card Challenge at Stuck on U Sketches. These challenges will be based on sketches that we create especially for you.  These will be posted on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month and you will have 2 weeks to upload your cards for a chance at the Top 3. 

Last Wednesday you met the Card Challenge Design Team and we know that you are going to be inspired by them! I know I will be! 

Here is our first sketch:


And up above you can see the card that I created! I'm telling you, it is probably one of my all time favorite cards I've made. As you know I am mainly a layout gal, but I really had the mojo flowing for this one. 

My papers are all Glitz French Kiss which I layered, punched (MS Floral Vine), distressed with ink and then graced with a favorite Prima swirl in black along with a Prima Almanac chipboard piece which was originally for my sentiment. On the spur of the moment, I decided to use it for mounting a butterfly cut with my Cheery Lynn Small Lace Faerie Queen with Angel Wing die. It is topped with a small rose. 

I've used some smaller Prima roses along the sides of the chipboard and then stamped my Sentiment on the bottom right of the card. The inside has matching paper and a  computer-generated message for my sister-in-law printed on white card stock. A small Martha Stewart butterfly punch was used to complete the look.

Okay .. now it is your turn to join in the fun and link your project over at Stuck on U Sketches using the Inlinz tool. We hope you will help us get the word out and we'll have lot of participation. 

Thanks for coming by! I love reading your sweet comments! 



13 comments:

  1. The card is gorgeous!! Love the butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful card. Simply stunning
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sketch is so lovely and this card - stunning!! Love the delicate butterfly and gorgeous crystal flourishes!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is simply gorgeous!!!!! Beautiful honey!!

    Big Hugs! Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is sooooo pretty Sandi! I love that butterfly :) Thanks again for having me on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Sandi! I just love these papers. A great card, to lead the great design team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sandi,your card is really so pretty and elegant looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card Sandi. Thanks for a beautiful first card sketch, which you have certainly done proud with this elegant card.... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Sandi! I love the vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sketch and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Sandy....love the vintage feel. Gorgeous flowers and I love the butterfly taking centre stage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sandi, this card really is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete