Monday, August 6, 2012

Danny Boy ~ Scrap That! Layout


I thought I would take a few days here and there to highlight some of my creations done with my Scrap That! August kit, Once Upon a Dream.  I think every single project was my favorite! I really loved the brown, peach and teal tones so prevalent in the Kaisercraft Charlotte's Dream collection. 

I've been inspired by all the drippy paint artists that I've seen lately, so it is hard to credit just one person. But I've been dying to get a little more bold with it as I have done here. Perfect for this rowdy little grandson of mine! (He is one of my dd's twin boys and is named after my hubby.) Otherwise, I've added lots of soft elements to the page to go along with my sweet grandson's soft blonde hair and skin. Such delicate features that offset his boyish antics. Since he is still a baby, I thought I could get away with flowers and ribbon. LOL There is Dusty Attic from my stash  (French Flourish and the baroque circle) along with florals from the main kit as well as Manor House flowers from my own stash. The tulle, lace and little Prima bird nest are all from the main kit. This page served as my Main Kit only layout, adding only Dusty Attic, paper doilies and Manor House blooms (peach) from my own stash. 

There is some punch work under the French Flourish border done with the MS Floral Vine punch and her Cherished Hearts punch.  They are somewhat covered with the French Flourish border which looks so incredible in person. I first painted it with white gesso, then sponged it with an Adirondack Juniper blue paint dabber and lastly sponged it randomly with more gesso. I've done basically the same thing on the Baroque circle but the FF border just looks more delicate. 


I've used the ribbon in the main kit to tie a bow over my main flower cluster and added the Prima bird nest there.  The tulle is used over on the left where I've added a button and twine. I misted a couple of doilies to go behind the photo, then added some Liquid Pearls to enhance their look. Speaking of the photo, it looks a bit crooked but it is actually my photo of the layout that is off just a bit. 

All the distressing was done with my Distrezz-it-all along with my Ingvild Bolme distress tool. 

I think that's about it. I'll try to make it back in a day or two to present another one or two of my layouts. I know they sort of get lost on Reveal Day in those very long posts. 

Thanks for coming by! Hope you have a great week! 

9 comments:

  1. Sandy, I can see the "drippy paint artist" inspiration in your layout!!! And what a gorgeous layout it is.

    Your grandson is such a beautiful little guy, and yes you can get away with the flowers and florishes for now... lol!

    Magnificent job -- as always, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is gorgeous!! I love everything about it. The baby is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is STUNNING! I loveeeeeeeeee the photo, the colors, the little birds nest, the lace... and LOVING the PAINT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous. Every time I see this I find more details to enjoy!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paint drips are a fantastic element! Beautiful work, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are soft but rich, absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oodles of gorgeousness Sandi!!! Love all of the layering and distressing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Sandy! Thanks for stopping by -- so good to see you always!

    I've seen some of the projects over at "Stuck on you" and it's amazing work!!! I really can't get the hang of following a sketch until I see what others have come up with and then I can see it; but, as soon as you have one that looks easy for me to follow, I promise to try... lol. Unfortunately, I think I may end up embarrassed against what you all do because I don't even consider myself a cardmaker -- least a good one.

    Thanks for the invite and I will give it shot if only for the fun of it!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love this layout! The colors, design and texture are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete