Friday, August 9, 2013

Sandi's Scrap That! August "Tip" ~ One sketch, three ways!

Hello, everyone! Sandi here today with something just a little bit different for you.  I have long been wanting to try using Amarylis' awesome monthly sketch in a just a little bit different format. This month I challenged myself to use her sketch 3 times  .. but change the orientation of each of them! How fun is that?! 


So, starting off, here is the original sketch ... and below, you will find the layout that I created using it in the original format. 


This was such a fun one to do! 

***

Next, I took the sketch and turned it vertically and then I also flipped it horizontally. 
Ooooohhhh, don't you love it?!  I do! 


.. and below is what I created.  


Totally different look, huh? I had such fun doing a bit of a twist and am so happy with the results. I think I am going to try this one again sometime soon. (Excuse the misspelling .. forgot a b in remember. Oops!)

***

Lastly, I took the original sketch and simply rotated it 2 times to the left and came up with yet another great sketch! 


What an easy way to maximize the sketch .. and this is only 3 possibilities !!!


This is the layout I created using this variation of the sketch. I cannot even pick a favorite! 

***

I am so pleased with how this little experiment turned out! I hope that you will give it try! 
Thanks for stopping by! 


14 comments:

  1. What a great idea - I should try that! Thanks for the inspiration!! They all look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Sandi!! how you rotated 3 times the sketch and made three Gorgeous pages!! love them!! Take care sweetie!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you flipped the sketch and used it for all three of your projects!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh i love this! Thanks for the inspiration!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Awesome pages Sandi, what a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooooooooo fabulous!! LOVING how you used the sketch all the different ways!!! These are all just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pages. Great idea. Fabulous results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome idea and gorgeous layouts all from the same sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so absolutely elegant and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job with every which way of the sketch! Your creations are full of color and fun - very lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful LOs Sandi!! love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Sandi, I love all three layouts! What a great idea - I have turned sketches on their sides in the past, but not upside down before! Your idea is pure genius!!!! All of your pages look so beautiful, creative, and absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing your idea and your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete