Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Dec C'est Magnifique Sketch .. and my take!


Hello, everyone! Thanks for coming by today! I'm here to post the December Sketch for the C'est Magnifique Sketch Challenge.  While I'm at it, I get to share my take on it! 

This is a photo of my Daddy and I taken on Christmas Day many years ago. It must have been a prosperous year because I sure got lots of gifts .. one of them being my first pair of skates.  Mom and Dad took me out on the sidewalk for a few quick lessons. I can still remember that first big fall like it was yesterday!  =)

A few close-ups:


In keeping with the nostalgic theme of the page, I've used a crochet doily from my stash.  My Damask stencil is fast becoming a fave! I used the Versamark Cardinal ink to highlight it a bit. A little Gesso on the BFS Graduated Circles and I stained the BFS Shabby Bricks with Vintage Photo.  And oops, I see that a piece of it need straightened a bit! 


A flower cluster! I wanted to get this close-up though to tell you that I took some of the packaging seen here and slid it behind my paper layers and used it as my journaling spot. The red Prima flower is attached to the packaging rather than the cluster. 



To complete my layout I have used the Main Kit, the Flower Add-on and the Embellishment Add-on. 
From my stash I've used: Stencil, molding paste, ink, Gesso and a crochet doily. 


Here is that sketch by Michele Singh:


Be sure and check the C'est Magnifique BLOG  to see all the challenge rules. We would love to see your layouts using our sketch.  Our Sketch Challenge is open to everyone and you may use any supplies you have on hand.  You do not need to be a member of our kit club to participate nor do you  have to use any specific products.  Feel free to flip or rotate the sketch, but we do want to be able to look at your layout and tell that you used the sketch. 

I guess that's it from me today! Thanks for coming by! Love, love, love reading your comments! 

8 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! This is soooooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love love that big circle, the layers, the doily and the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi your page is beautiful. I love circle elements on pages. It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page is so gorgeous! I really like the circle chipboard!! In fact on your Christmas layout I mentioned the chipboard and somehow it went on that comment as well! Ugh!!! Anyway, this is so amazing! You look so cute and all the layering, flowers, etc. look perfect! Thank you for sharing this story on such a beautiful layout!! Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got lost in your layout..it's so beautiful! I couldn't stop thinking how blessed you are to have that photo of your childhood. You scrapped it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, beautiful take on the sketch!! I LOVE those flowers, and that photo is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too beautiful Sandi! A very lovely, light page and a wonderful memory to record!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page! I just love everything about this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your take on the sketch! stunning!

    ReplyDelete