Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Creative Embellishments Challenge!



Welcome to our April Challenge at Creative Embellishments! Because I have an April birthday, I decided to take on the challenge with gusto even though the Mood Board was more than a bit  …uh, challenging!  =) I opted to be inspired by the photo of the balloons which were pastel with a pop of color here and there. But the longer I created, the more of the entire inspiration I embraced. You can see that I even have the ROYGBIV in there although not in that order. 

I've done a Mixed Media on Glass project and have included these twists: heat embossing, mists, lace, bling and a CE Heart  flourish.  Well, it's not described as a flourish exactly but I'm calling it one! LOL I've also included a CE Butterfly and a  CE Heart stamp that was stamped directly onto the glass, then later misted and eventually covered with Versamark and UTEE. So sparkly! The CE Heart was gessoed, misted with Creme Brûlée Creme and then given a coat of Glossy Accents. While the GA was still wet, I dropped purple microbeads in random places on the heart. Love that look!! The CE butterfly was gessoed, inked, inked some more and finally got a teensy bit of Stickles treatment on the edges of the wings before getting a finishing rose adornment. The paper below the glass is 7 Dots Messy Head.

Each little trinket has lots of personal meaning. This project was for myself and was all about embracing my imperfections. As I was working even my photo got mussed up a bit, so I printed another and tore it, then placed it on top of the first. (I normal put the photos under the glass but didn't this time.) Another reminder that perfection is always just out of reach .. but that okay. 

So, here's some close-ups:


You can see the stamping as well as the treatment to the heart chippy. Love the look of Glossy Accents with a few micro beads added in. 



A view of the torn photo, some embellies and my CE butterfly.  Right below the butterfly is the CE heart stamp that I LOVE! 



Close-up of the CE butterfly.  This also gives you a bit of an idea of the UTEE sparkle which is fab! 



I've added a sticker that said "perfect" but I've added and im- to it so that it reads imperfect.  Or I'm perfect, whichever you choose! 



This one just shows a bit of the dimension as well as the misting. 

I have a tutorial from a mixed media project that I did last year and the technique is the same if you are interested in how I achieved my results Here's the link:

My mixed media on glass tutorial

We hope that you will have time to play along with our April Challenge. Be sure and head over to Creative Embellishments and see what the rest of the Design Team has done with this month's challenge! Can you believe that it is April????

Thanks for coming by!

Sandi

7 comments:

  1. hi and wow this is perfect indeed, love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome techniques on this project. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwww! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeee the hearts and the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo many yummy details to look at!! Gorgeous pic and project! Love what you did with glass!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project! Loved studying all the details!! Love the texture!!!

    ReplyDelete