Monday, April 14, 2014

Creative Embellishments "girly" card project


Happy Monday, everyone! Hope your week is off to a good start!
 And that there will be some creative time for you! 
Whether you are a scrapper, card maker or altered project lover, Creative Embellishments has a lot to offer all kinds of crafters. 

I don't make too many cards but when I get in the mood to do a little something, cards are a perfect choice! I can have fun playing with paper, flowers, paints … and chipboard! 

Since I was needing to send out a girly card, I grabbed some awesome pink Fabscraps Marie Antoinette papers that I'd been hoarding. Then I used some of my Spellbinders dies (Classic Oval and Floral Oval) for the center 2 pieces and a Verve stamp (Brighter Days) for my sentiment.  All the papers were inked with Rangers Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick and then sprinkled with some Lindy's Stamp Gang mist in Bougainvillea Fuchsia as well as just a touch of molding paste stamped on with some bubble wrap for texture. These were all layered along with a paper doily from my stash as well as some Zva bling that I've had for awhile. 

My Ivy Spray was cut in half and then altered. If you are anything like me, once you start altering you kind of loose yourself in your project and keep trying multiple things until you get exactly the look you're going for. Sound familiar? But basically I gessoed my Ivy and then used Lindy's Stamp Gang's Rusty Lantern Lime and highlighted with Ranger's Distress Ink in Peeled Paint. My veins were created with a bit of green Smooch and Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Dirty Martini. I finished off everything on the card with a touch of white gesso applied with my finger and the Ivy was no exception. I like the nice circle I got in a few random places. 



I then added my flowers which were a mix of Prima along with some Iamroses roses. The pinks and purples were used to pull the colors from the paper and look really nice together.  I tucked in a sweet bow using some feathered twine from my stash. 

Of course, I had to finish things off with a butterfly! I choose one from the Butterflies, 7 pieces set and altered  it very simply .. with some white gesso and Glossy Accents.  While the Glossy Accents was still wet, I dropped some purple micro-beads from Michaels onto the butterfly.  I planned to use a pearl in the center of the body but decided it looked fine as it was! My last step was randomly applying gesso to everything for a uniform look. 


Before I go, I thought I'd share a couple of close-ups for you:



That's it from me today! Thanks so much for coming by the Blog. Be sure and check out the Creative Embellishments Store and see what's new! 


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card.. love how the butterflys look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete