Thursday, May 1, 2014

Creative Embellishments/The Color Room combo challenges!


Hello, paper people! Hope you are doing well! 

Today I'm sharing a project that is a collaborative effort for both Creative Embellishments and HeArt and Soul Artists, presented by The Color Room. So, I had 5 challenges to combine in all. I had to use:

1. The Creative Embellishments sketch
2. The Creative Embellishments inspiration photo
3. Use Creative Embellishments products
4. The The Color Room palette #168
5. Use thread per The Color Room challenge

Whew,  and I did it! 

I truly enjoyed creating for the May Creative Embellishments Challenge! This sketch (by our own Nicolle Kramer) was perfect for creating a layout about a favorite vacation spot of mine, Santa Fe, New Mexico. We often stay at the Inn on the Alameda, so I've used a photo from their website. This month's CE inspiration photo just screamed vacation to me ... something I'm desperately needing! It reminded me of where my parents lived in Colorado and which is a stone's throw from Santa Fe. I've used two divine pieces of chipboard from Creative Embellishments, the Twig Frame and Fall Leaves and the Pussy Willow. I've also done some random stamping with the Distressed Grid and Tire Track 2
I hope you have a chance to play along with us this month! 

Please visit Creative Embellishments to see all the Challenge details and to see what the other designer's have done this time around! 


On the Twig Frame and Fall Leaves frame itself I've used Dusty Attic Rusting Powder. For the leaves of the Twig frame, I've just gessoed and then inked and misted the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. The Pussy Willow is treated with white gesso and a bit of chalk ink and cinnamon Stickles.  And don't you love all that Petaloo and burlap goodness????? 

Below is a photo of  The Color Room palette and household item challenge. I adored working with these earth tones .. such a fave for me! I love when the colors come easily for me … makes creating so much more relaxing! I hope to see you over there as well! 


Thanks so much for coming by today! I always appreciate your sweet comments! 
Hope you are having a great week! 

8 comments:

  1. That is a lovely layout, what great colors together.. love the hessian type flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeee the colors, the flowers and how you framed the photo!!! WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Sandi. Stunning...I love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! Great job combining everything so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so gorgeous Sandi :) love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so lovely Sandi! So rich and Autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sandi!! You totally knocked this one out of the park with your gorgeous colors and design. One of my faves!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing layout and design Sandi! Love the attention to detail and how you draw the eye into the photograph with it surroundings:) Gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring. Mwah

    ReplyDelete