Monday, June 9, 2014

My Creative Scrapbook June Reveal, part #2


Hi there, everyone! I hope that you had a great weekend! Summer is now well underway! Not that that means anything different around here .. except that it's hot!! 

I'm here to share my last 2 pages using the June Limited Edition Kit from My Creative Scrapbook. This time I've gone with the brighter papers from the Kit. That bright green in the middle is actually one of my favorite's from the collection! I had planned to use it as my primary background but opted to just use it as a focal point.  I fussy cut the doily from one of the patterned pages and placed it to the left of my photo and embellishment cluster. Yes, that's me back when I was still skinny and had lots of auburn hair. I really loved my red hair and was sad to see it start turning browner as I got older. I used to wear a ring on every finger too right about then .. heehee! 

I've stenciled and white-washed my background although that floral paper is to die for! I was just trying to do something a little different from what I'd seen. I also experimented with my new Prima Color Bloom spray in Lime Wedge and Antique Gold. 



I loved the white Shabby Chic resin frame from the Kit!  I've added some Rub and Buff in Patina along with some Prima chalk ink in Dark Roast, then softened it with gesso. I used another Webster's Pages wood veneer frame as a layer as well as some Prima flower packaging! The wood veneers are so pretty.   I loved using the Stationer's Compose collection as little fillers here and there. I wasn't sure about them at first but they were perfect for adding to your layers. 



Just showing you some stenciling, misting and that fab frame! 



I'm not certain what possessed me to wrap this all up in a bow .. but I did!! LOL

***


This was my last page and it features a great photo of my mom. I have to stop scrapping her because I'm running out of album for her! =) I challenged myself to use the hot pink paper in the Kit although it's brighter than I normally work with. In the end, I distressed it heavily, gessoed it and probably changed it's character but sometimes, we are just left with a hot mess! So, I'm calling it like I see it! There's a little bit of everything on this one .. punch work, distressing, mixed media and pretty flowers. I chose the dark pinks, blacks and grays to highlight this one along with some teal. I saved the yummy bling for this page .. I thought Momma would like that! The strip journaling is soooo appropriate for her. She was a happy, stay-at-home mom married to the man of her dreams. 



Just a close-up. See, I even scratched those pretty hot pink papers with my scissors. Like I said, a hot mess. But hey, this is vintage! 



A sweet banner for the top left. 



And the journaling that inspired me to scrap my mom once again! Isn't it great that she felt that way?! 

I hope that you've gotten your Kit ordered or that you're stalking the postman! If you want to sign up and never miss another great Limited Edition Kit, go HERE for all the details. Also, if you haven't been by the Design Team gallery, then click HERE. You'll see everyone's creations with whichever Kit they received. Limited Edition is usually down towards the bottom. 

Thanks for coming by today! Hope you have a great week! 



6 comments:

  1. These are soooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the layers and the amazing textures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love these brighter papers & what you have done with the backgrounds & resin - totally awesome Sandi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both layouts are beautiful! Gorgeous colours & layering :)
    Thank you for your lovely comment left on my blog regarding my Kaisercraft Dt entry...I really do appreciate your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No hot mess just hotness! I love how you distressed and your treatment of the frame. Your Mom would love her page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What amazing creations! Double wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Sandi!! What gorgeous creations!! Your attention to details is fabulous!! Love your feminine touches for these beauties!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete