Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Creative Embellishments gift tag!

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! Sandi here with you today with a sweet tag! 
I needed a tag for a baby girl gift, so thought I'd make one that was frilly and and yet fun. 


I first pulled out some vintage Prima papers from the Tea Thyme collection. And already have another project planned with these papers to finish them up! 

I made some layers on a 4x6 base and then used 3 different punches to make decorative edges at the bottom. Inked my edges and then used my Distressed Crackle Stamp to add some depth. Yes, I've used it again .. it's my favorite! 

Next I got busy priming my two pieces of chipboard with gesso. The Birdcage Style 1 was then dabbed here and there with my Prima chalk ink in Rusty Bucket. I added some random Versamark and used Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in Geranium Coral Blush in those random spots. Just gives it some shine and texture. For the Angel of Mine piece, I've used Ranger's Distress ink in Peeled Paint. I like to blend it on and then go over it with the actual ink pad to darken up a few accent places as well as all the edges of the piece. Darkening the edges of your chipboard pieces almost always makes them pop a bit more! 

I've added some tulle and pearls at the top in the hole I punched, placed a few Prima blooms at the bottom left edge and called it done! Now wasn't that quick and easy ... but still so pretty?! 

Thanks for coming by today! Make sure you check out the STORE and see if there's anything new since you've last been by to shop. 

As always, we appreciate your interest in Creative Embellishments products! 






3 comments: