Monday, December 8, 2014

2nd part of the Reveal ~ My Creative Scrapbook December Kit~

"Peace and Joy"

 Hello, everyone! I'm back today with my second two projects from the December Limited Edition Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.

 This month's Kit features some My Mind's Eye Joyous papers married with some Kaiserscraft's Yuletide papers and is chock full of gorgeous Petaloo blooms! There is some fabulous Prima resin and wonderful Teresa Collins Tinsel and Co chipboard, stickers and alphas as well. And of course, American Craft Thickers and 3 different kinds of ribbons! Just a wonderful Christmas Kit.

For my layout up above I've used the Kaiser die cut sheet and one of the matching Kaiser papers as my base then  layered a few vertical scraps and crumpled some of that yummy newsprint paper that went with the collection. My absolute FAVE! I've used a star mask for added interest along with some blotted Prima Color Bloom in Tea Stain. After that I randomly splattered some green folk art paint from Delta.

Next, I just went about adding my layers of flowers, stickers, photo and chipboard. I wanted it to look very full and as there were so many parts and pieces to the Kit, I was able to add to my hearts content!




***

"Santa Wish"

When I saw this vintage photo on Pinterest, I just knew that I had to scrap it! It reminded me of the time when I was about 4 or 5 and had to recite a poem about a much loved doll in front of my school. My mom and Dad were so proud but it was a little traumatic for me, LOL! I wanted to keep the much loved doll and give the new doll away … both in the poem and in real life. Funny the things we remember.   =)

I decided to just have some fun with the background on this one and did a little random punch work, then did the same with my stamps and stencils and molding paste. For color I've used my Prima Color Bloom in Gold Foil. The Teresa Collins Tinsel and Co collection paired so nicely with the KaiserCraft Yuletide Collection, so the work was easy here. I've used a gold doily from my stash as an additional layer under my photo. I also added my last resin piece under the photo. It was treated much like the holly on the "Tis the Season, 2013" layout.

My last Petaloo bloom was colorized with the Gold Foil and sugared with Diamond Dust. Everything got a whitewash of gesso, of course.  And as a tribute to Teresa Collins, I added a staple to my red tag in the left corner. I'm not a stapler but  I had to do that in a show of support.

So, I guess that just about wraps up the Limited Edition Kit this time. Please let me know if you have any questions this time around.

 As always, thanks for coming by!

9 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! These are gorgeous!!! LOVING the layers and vintage feel to them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages! I love how you dressed up the background of your layouts with stenciling, paint and punches. Very festive! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous page! I love how you told us how you did it, too! Very festive and beautiful! And I want to thank you for stopping by my blog, too! Your comments are very much appreciated! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pages Sandi,, very pretty and very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are positively glorious! You're creations are always so inspiring & I'm so thrilled to finally be working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sandi - I love these layouts and the pics are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such gorgeous work with this kit. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such gorgeous LO's, Sandi!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous pages! So festive and gorgeous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete