Monday, June 26, 2017

Lucy ~ Born an Original ~ Scraps of Elegance May Kit

Hello, everyone!

Sandi here with you today sharing another project using the May Scraps of Elegance Kit "Mix'd Media."


"Lucy - Born an Original"

This time I've incorporated papers from the Paper Add-On: some tranquil, soothing 7 Dots Cotton Candy Dreams papers ... specifically Pucker Up as my base and then  just Cotton Candy Dreams in torn strips. I prepped the background with clear gesso, let it dry and then did random stamping with the Blue Fern Studios Halftone stamp from the Elements Add On. I brought out the DecoArt Sand Texture paste once again (Main Kit) and did some stenciling around my focal area.

While that was drying, I colorized the white seam binding that came in the Main Kit and secured it with a clip and left it to dry.

As everything was drying, I began choosing flowers and ephemera as well as co-ordinating chipboard from the Main Kit, Floral Add On and Elements Add On.  



This, of course, is a photo of the lower left floral cluster area. You can see that I used the Lucky chipboard piece, struck out the K and used it for my LUCY title. I wove it some of the seam binding. Tucked in a Prima Metal Trinket from the Main Kit and added some Mica flakes from a previous Kit.



I went for broke here and used the "born an original" chipboard from the Co-ordinating Chipboard from the Main Kit. I'm sure it will be overdone but it's perfect here for this old publicity photo of Lucille Ball, so why not??? Love all these beautiful flowers from the Flower Add on.

I decided to use the Artisan Powder from the Color Add On to emphasize my focal areas. It is a gorgeous patina color.




I used the round shapes simply because I thought they worked nicely with the chevron in the patterned papers.



Right angle. The wee flower represents Lucille being one of a kind.



Here's the other side!

Okay that's it from me today.

I hope you've made your way over to the STORE.
Melinda has so many great scrapping supplies as well as information on how to sign up to become a Kit subscriber to be sure you are always ensured getting a Kit if you choose.

Thanks for coming by!
Sandi






2 comments: