Saturday, August 26, 2017

Sweet ~ More Scraps of Elegance July DT work

Hello, everyone! Thanks for coming by the blog today. 

Sandi here with you to share my third project created with the July Scraps of Elegance Country Chic Main Kit and add-ons. This month's featured papers are 49 and Market's Cottage Life as well as KaiserCrafts's Lilac Whisper. 


This Kit is also full of wonderful embellishments to create lots of great crafty projects! Look at all that scrappy goodness! 

"Sweet"

If you're like me, you have lots of graduation and "other occasion" photos to scrap. Above are happy granddaughters MacKayla and MacKenzie. I decided to mix paper collections on this one and have used the Kaiser Craft Lilac Whisper White Wood (Main Kit) along with the 49 and Market Garland paper from the Coordinating Paper add-on. For photo layers I've used the striped back side of the Garland paper, some notes from the Cut Outs paper (Main Kit) and the fussy cut door image from the Bicycle Alley paper (Coordinating Paper add-on.)  I also tucked in a sweet Papermania Notelets  doily from the Main Kit.

The background was treated with clear gesso, stenciling, mists and paints from my stash. The paper has so much detail, one doesn't really need to do much. My large florals are from the Floral add-on and were misted for a better match to  this particular paper.



Here you can see a few fun items that were tucked here and there: the Craft Consortium linen ribbon which I frayed for a shabbier look, some leaves and butterfly from the Cottage Life Layered Embellishments found in the Elements add-on as well as the metal Scrapberry's Heart taken from the same add-on. 



The Sold Out Creativity add-on included some Prima Paper Clay and molds! I was excited to give these a try and was surprised how easy they are to use. I used a leaf mold found in the Martha Stewart package, which was one of 3 mold sets included in the add-on. I simply colored it with ink and mists as well as a few dabs of white gesso. These would be fab used with waxes! Also check out the sweet decorative stick pin included in the Main Kit. 



Here are a couple of dimensional photos for you. (The chipboard title is from my collection.) 



This was a bit of a floral overload for me but I thought it went well with the theme of the paper!

Here are those wonderful add-ons used on my project:

Elements add-on

Creativity add-on

Co-ordinating paper add-on

Floral add-on

For information on how to become a Kt Club subscriber visit this Link. Also, please browse the STORE for lots of other fun items! 

We are having some rain outside today, so that means a perfect day to scrap some more, right? 

See you soon! 
Sandi






2 comments: