Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Sunny State ~ Scraps of Elegance September Kit

Hello, everyone! 
Welcome to my Blog! 

Sandi here with you today sharing a delicate, feminine Design Team layout featuring the September Scraps of Elegance Kit "Falling Leaves." 

I am also entering my project in the More than Words October Challenge found HERE. You must be inspired by the Word "Delicate" and include the Creative Challenge of including fabric (I've used cheesecloth.) 
...


"Sunny State of Mind"

This pretty, floral paper is from Blue Fern Studios Amber and Apricot collection and is called Tweet Melody. I've paired it with Prima's Amber Moon "Pumpkin Season" wood slat paper.

For a solid focal point, I altered the Blue Fern Studios "Autumn Leaves" chipboard. After priming with gesso, I added gelatoes and Distress ink until I had the perfect color chipboard frame. Before I added to my page, I prepared a nice background with gesso, crackle paint, mists and random stamping. Next came the fun of putting everything together. using my florals and all the great matching chipboard and ephemera included in the Main Kit and add-ons.

And of course, my fave funny lady, Lucille Ball.



If you don't have your Kit yet, here's a pic of everything that is included in the Main Kit. Also, you can shop the Scraps of Darkness Store to see everything that Melinda has in stock. 



Here's a nice close-up of the chipboard which was additionally colorized with the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse from the Creativity add-on. My photo layers were from the Amber Moon paper "Pumpkin Season." (Straws and arts stones are from my stash.)  



I loved adding the Blue Fern Studios seedlings (Main Kit) as well as ephemera from the Elements add-on.  I used the large oval color co-ordinated sticker from Blue Fern Studios to further ground my photo layers. The floral add-ons have all the perfectly co-ordinating flowers to finish out your pages. 
And look at that sweet butterfly from the Prima ephemera pack!



At the top of this close-up you can see some of the Prima washi tape (Elements add-on) that I added to my background to give a nice aged, distressed look. I loved how this little grouping came together using the ephemera and the chipboard and florals. 



And of course, you know I love me some flowers!
And I finally had a chance to use that great photo of Lucille Ball.

Thanks for coming by!
Hope to see you over in the Facebook community!



Sandi

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo of Lucy and loving the mesh material!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work Sandi! So happy you could play along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning my dear!! Thank you for playing along us at More than Words <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful Sandi !! Love your layout !! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words !! Have a nice day. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous layout Sandi!! I love your unique style! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete