Thursday, March 15, 2018

Junk Journal ~ Treasures from Daddy ~ Tresors de Luxe

Hello there, everyone! 

I'm here with you today sharing my first Design Team creation for Tresors de Luxe.
 And boy, am I ever pumped! 

My first Design Team box was loaded with tons of gorgeous items from Lucy's Etsy shop and I just couldn't wait to start creating with them. 

My project was a trifecta of ideas, products and some very cherished letters from my Dad that collided and made for a joyful labor of love and creativity. 

 * First of all,  I've recently became interested in junk journaling .. and have always loved to alter journal covers. 

* Next,  I randomly stumbled (yet again) over my "letters from Dad" while trying to straighten my scrap room/office area in our new house. 

*  And lastly, Lucy's Tresors de Luxe products were delivered and ready to be showcased!

So ... my massive "treasured junk journal" project was born. 

(Seriously though, people, I have to share that my mom was the letter writer of the family, not my dad  ... So, when he wrote a note, a card or a letter, it was a heart-stopping profound moment for this Daddy's girl! Needless to say, I kept all of them for all these years! From my college days to right before he passed away. Even though I only have 13 of these treasures, they are so very precious to me .. and have needed a proper "home.")


"Love, Daddy" 

After removing the cover of a 7 Gypsies journal for altering, I prepared the surface with clear gesso and then covered it with crackle paste and left it to dry overnight. Then I added some color with teal, sepia and gold mists from my stash and did some stamping for depth and interest. To anchor the focal creation, I added a fave Creative Embellishments chipboard piece which was darkened with Walnut Ink. There is some random embossing all over the cover with some chunky, gold embossing powder. 

A couple of side views: 



(Check out the gorgeous off-white wide Venice Lace trim that is wrapped around the 3 signatures! Swoon!) 



Next I began adding layers of flowers, paper and embellies but more importantly, the Teal blue appliqué  from Tesors de Luxe along with the Rustic Shabby Chic Floral from there as well as the Rhinestone  Owl brooch and the Fox rhinestone and pearl dangle. 



A tag was created using my all time fave Blue Fern Studios Serendipity paper collection, distressed and adorned with some seam binding at the top. Behind  it are other tidbits from my stash. 
 I wanted my Owl (love his green eyes) to be dominant as well as the Teal trim. Unfortunately, I got a little too dark with my teal mist, so I've tried to highlight the trim by applying gold near the edges. 




I included a close-up of the chipboard piece because I love altering them! And they help anchor my design. 



Here you can see the Fox dangle referred to above. It is so sparkly! 
I went a little overboard on embellishments but oh, well. I'll curate next time, lol. 



I've tucked another piece of the Teal appliqué right here. 
Just more of the fun altering and playing with mediums and emebellishements. It is so hard to know when to stop when you're having fun! 
The very last thing I did was add the gold microbeads and wow, do they. ever glisten and highlight the gorgeous teal lace appliqué. 



I love how the crackle paste crackled on the journal cover. I promised myself that I wouldn't cover too much of it but indeed I did cover more than I intended. Because there was some great texture on the book, I darkened these higher areas ... although it's a bit hard to tell in photos. 



And a sneak peek for next time: 
My junk journal contains 3 "signatures" and I'll be sharing those as we move through the next few weeks. Signature  #1 and #2 are mostly done but #3 is only partly done. So, lots of pretty laces and trims for you to ogle .... Next time .... 

Be sure to visit the online  SHOP for shopping and to browse around Lucy's shop. 

Thanks for coming by today. 

~  Sandi ~ 


2 comments:

  1. What a treasure!! I am ABSOLUTELY love that you created this to showcase his letters!!! Just STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sandi, this looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete